We are committed to protecting the personal information entrusted to us. Caprice Australia has a strong commitment to maintaining the security and integrity of personal information within our care. We endorse the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
- give individuals a better and more complete understanding of the sort of personal information that Caprice Australia holds, and the way we handle that information; and
- clearly communicate the personal information handling practices of Caprice Australia.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information or opinion is true or not; and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. We have addressed how we manage the personal information of customers, employees and suppliers separately below.
- THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not collect personal information on the Website unless you voluntarily provide it to us when you visit the Website, including when you participate in activities on the Website such as games, informational and promotional offers, message boards, chat rooms, profile pages, or other public forums (if any). For some activities, such as online polls or surveys, we may ask visitors to provide information that is not personal information.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; or
- interact with our sites, services, content and advertising.
When a child under age thirteen (13) participates in an activity on the Website that requires the collection, retention, and use of personal information, we will also ask for a parent’s e-mail address so that we can notify the parent that we have received personal information from their child. We do not knowingly collect names and e-mail addresses from children under the age of thirteen (13) for these types of activities without notifying the parent via e-mail and giving the parent the option to remove their child’s e-mail address from the applicable database for that activity. For specific one-time requests we receive from visitors, e-mail addresses are collected and used only in connection with such specific one-time request.
When visitors come to our Website, we also may collect some non-personally identifiable information such as the current Internet protocol address and the type of computer operating system you are using (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the type of browser you are using (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer), the domain name of the Internet service provider, your activities while visiting our Website, your activities while playing games or utilizing services on the Website (e.g., which of our Web pages you viewed or which games you played), and the advertisements you have been shown.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
We use personal information to better understand our customers’ interests and needs, to complete purchase transactions and to offer an ever improving quality range of amazing products.
We use personal information in the following ways:
- Provide, deliver, source, administer, improve and personalise our products and services;
- Process payments and provide refunds and discounts;
- Enable our third party service providers to provide us with IT products and services, carry out product investigations, data processing, data analysis, business consulting, auditing, archiving, printing, delivery and mailing services;
- Provide more relevant marketing offers through direct marketing, database compilation, market research, data analysis and segmentation, and the processing or creation of other marketing information;
- Combine or compile with publicly available information for the processing or creation of marketing offers and information;
- Communicating with our customers, including product recalls and responding to queries and complaints;
- Fraud prevention, including services regarding the protection of our customers’ information, e.g. credit card information; and
- Maintaining and keeping our customers information current and as accurate as possible.
We never sell, rent, or otherwise share our visitors’ personal information with third parties without appropriate consent or as otherwise set below.
Third parties we may disclose personal information to include:
- Our related companies;
- Our service providers including IT service providers, major delivery companies, advertising and marketing service providers, out-sourced call centres, mail houses and third party fulfilment contractors;
- Our professional advisors including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Payment system operators and financial institutions; and
- Government agencies (when required by law).
Sometimes, we use agents or contractors to provide services to our visitors, such as helping us conduct a sweepstakes, sending prizes to winners, or providing customer service related to activities on the Website. In these cases, we require the agent or contractor to keep the information confidential and to use it only for the specific services they are performing. We may on occasion combine information we collect through our Website with information that we collect from other sources. We sometimes use non-personal information that we collect to improve the design and content of our Website, and to improve our visitors’ experience on the Website. We also may aggregate, use and share this information with third parties to analyse Site usage, as well as to offer products, programs, or services.
We use visitors’ personal information collected in connection with child-directed activities for internal purposes only, such as enabling visitors to enter our online contests or sweepstakes, to subscribe to an online newsletter, to provide customer service, and/or for the purposes for which you provided the information. We use parents’ e-mail addresses to notify them when we have received personal information such as e-mail addresses from their children and to give parents the option to remove their child’s name from our lists.
Some of our service providers provide services to us entirely or partly from overseas locations and we may in order to receive those services occasionally transfer personal information overseas, predominantly to the United States of America, Europe and the Asia Pacific Region, including where:
- we use service providers, cloud computing solutions or data storage located overseas;
- we, or our related bodies corporate, have offices overseas;
- we need to comply with foreign legal or regulatory requirements; or
- an international payment has been made.
When you interact with us on the internet, our system automatically sends you a ‘cookie’. A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer, electronic tablet or smart phone that enables your device to be recognised. It is used to handle your internet sessions on that device and contains a unique identifier.
Other information stored by the cookie includes website traffic data. This data is not used to identify individual details. We only collate the data into anonymous results in order to evaluate and improve our internet and shopping service for our customers.
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in an effort to safeguard and help prevent unauthorised access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. Where data is held overseas, we require third parties to store such data in restricted access premises and provide appropriate protection against unauthorised disclosure.
- PARENTAL REVIEW OF INFORMATION
Parents, please send a letter or email to our Privacy Manager at the address provided below if you would like to do any of the following:
- access personally identifiable information that the Website has collected online from your child;
- correct factual errors in such information;
- request to have this information deleted; or
- request that we no longer collect or maintain such information.
Please be sure to include your e-mail address and a telephone number where we can reach you. To protect your child’s privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the personal information that we collect and maintain about your child.
- CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding our Policy and/or practices, please contact us at the following e-mail and mailing addresses:
Caprice Australia Pty Ltd
380 City Road,
South Bank Victoria, 3006, Australia.